Monday, May 23, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs, Seago style

It's been awhile since I've blogged about my cooking. I honestly haven't cooked anything out of the ordinary or I haven't cooked at all. Our A/C is on the fritz so anytime I don't cook, the house is cooler.
Tonight we're having Seago Spaghetti with Meatballs. My maiden name is Seago and my brother and I always called it Seago Spaghetti. He puts in a couple ingredients I leave out for my husband's taste. You can add chopped bell pepper and mushrooms if you like the flavor. I usually only make meatballs at my husband's request. Otherwise, I just brown ground venison. Don't forget to salt the water when you boil your noodles, it should be like the ocean!



Meatballs:
1 ½ lbs ground venison or beef
1 egg
½ cup Italian Panko Bread crumbs
¼ cup Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt, pepper


Mix until incorporated. Try not to over mix. Roll into balls, about 1 tbsp. I scoop with a measuring spoon when I make mine, just so they cook evenly. Brown in batches in the pan with about 2 tbsp.’s of canola oil. Turn to brown evenly, about 4-5 minutes. Don’t crowd the pan, you don’t want to steam the meatballs. Remove from pan.
Spaghetti:
14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
28 oz tomato sauce
6 oz can Basil, Garlic, and Oregano Tomato Paste
½ cup water
¼ cup Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
1 clove garlic
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp onion powder
**If I don't have the necessary seasonings and herbs, I use 1 packet Zesty Italian spaghetti seasoning.



 Sauté garlic clove for 1 minute over medium-low heat. Add all ingredients, stirring to combine. Place meatballs into sauce. Stir gently and cook over medium-low heat about 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.


Serve over your favorite pasta, I sometimes use the wheat noodles. They are pretty good and you don't really notice the difference. I serve mine with cheesy garlic bread! Kraft has Five Italian Cheese with Philly Cream Cheese that is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh yum! Looks delicious! Can't wait for my noodles to finish boiling!

    ReplyDelete