Sunday, May 1, 2011

Saucy Ground Venison and Noodles

It is extremely hot right now in north Florida, as it is going to stay until mid-October. It was 90 degrees today! I am trying not to use my oven and cook using as few burners on the stove as possible. Tonight's supper is Saucy Ground Venison and Noodles. I got the idea from a Betty Crocker recipe and made it my own, as usual. It is super easy and fairly quick, about 40 minutes total. 99.9% of the time I avoid jar spaghetti sauce (I ALWAYS make mine homemade) but when making this recipe, I decided to use the jar to have the right amount of sauce called for in the recipe.

Ingredients:
 1     lb ground venison
3    cups uncooked noodles (I used bow ties for my little girl)
2 1/2    cups water
1/4    cup Zesty Italian Dressing (shake well)
1     jar tomato pasta sauce (I used Bertolli's Organic Olive Oil, Basil, Garlic)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Optional: Mushrooms would be good, but my husband doesn't like them

Sprinkle of Kraft Italian Five Cheese blend with Philidephia Cream Cheese

Directions:
   In a large pot, cook venison over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain and return to pot.
   Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.

It seems like a lot of water but it cooks the noodles and you end up with a nice thick sauce. I topped ours with the shredded cheese blend. This recipe has a LOT of flavor from the jar sauce and the Zesty Italian Dressing. Would be great with garlic bread.



2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight - liked it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this recipe!! Making for the second time tonight. I put a little extra zesty Italian dressing in it...I just like the flavor! Even my picky husband likes it!!

    ReplyDelete