Monday, May 2, 2011

Crock Pot Wonders

Committed to not using to much heat to cook, I made beef pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots. At the last minute I decided to use the oven and make cheesy garlic biscuits. It takes getting supper ready in the morning, but the crock pot really is a wonderful cooking appliance. I bought a large roast and cut it in half for supper tonight. I fed my husband, me, and his best friend and the reviews were that it was fantastic. I use slightly more water than the seasoning packet requires because the flavor is quite strong. You can also leave out the potatoes and serve over your favorite rice.

Crock Pot Roast

Ingredients:
1-2 pound beef roast (I've made this exact recipe with deer tenderloin)
4-5 medium sized potatos, peeled
4-5 carrots, peeled
1 McCormick Savory Pot Roast packet
2 cups water
Salt, pepper, Lawry's, onion powder

Directions:
Put the roast in the crock pot. Peel and cube the potatoes and carrots (medium-large pieces so they keep their shape). Put the vegetables over the roast. Mix the seasoning packet and water. Sprinkle over desired seasonings. You need some salt for the potatoes.
Put Crock Pot on low and check when you get home from work!

I served it with Bisquick Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.


In the Crock Pot

















Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment