Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick & Easy Broccoli, Chicken, and Cheese Bake

My husband adores broccoli and I have been trying to master the art of cooking broccoli. My mother in law makes fantastic broccoli casserole but I can't seem to duplicate it. And I've even watched her to it! My broccoli is usually lacking so I am always trying to find new ways to make broccoli for my hubby.
I am a fan of casseroles (southern, definitely!) so I found a broccoli, chicken, and cheese casserole recipe and have adapted it to my style. After making this, my husband informed me it was good, he loved the broccoli. But he said it needs a biscuit topping so I'll work on that!

Ingredients:
1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained OR 1 bag of microwave steamer broccoli and cheese (this gives extra cheese!)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Kraft Four Cheese blend)
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic AND onion powder
Shake of Lawry's Seasoned Salt

1. Bake or poach the chicken, drain and cut into cubes. If using frozen or fresh broccoli, par-boil. If using microwave, cook 2 minutes less than directions to avoid overcooking.
2. Grease a casserole dish, round or square. Pour in broccoli, cheese, and chicken.
3. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken and broccoli. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving!

We like ours with crescent rolls! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment